Tuesday, 8 August 2017

Workbench Progress - Wolf Scouts

Hello again, my Space Wolves are almost fully painted again after the changes I made when 8th Edition dropped and today I am showing off my new Plasma Wolf Scouts.


I have used Wolf Scouts before but they were either all Snipers or Boltguns. 


With the changes to how Wolf Scout are now able to deploy I decided that loads of Plasma work best when using outflank.  Teamed with some close combat weapons these guys can also launcher a fairly effective charge.


The Wolf Scout Pack Leader is armed with a Plasma Pistol and Chainsword.


The Wolf Guard Pack Leader has two attacks base and a Combi-Plasma and with Power Armour he offers a little more damage tanking potential.


Obviously I went with a magnetised Plasma Gun as the special weapon option.


Again with the Plasma Pistol.


And finally a couple of close combat scouts who can die first once they pack starts to take some heat.

If you want to see some pictures of my other Scouts please follow the links below.


Well thats it for now, thanks for reading and please leave any comments in the comments section down below and please do check back soon for more updates.

4 comments:

  1. Very cool dude, they look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers guys, I do find the Scouts kit to be very dated but you can still make it work. So far the Plasma loadout has been good when deployed via the new Behind Enemy Lines rule :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Plasma has gone from "never take" in 7th edition to absolutely brutal in 8th edition. Given the number of re-roll bubbles you can access, overcharging doesn't carry such a huge risk and can completely decimate an enemy unit.

      Delete